Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wednesday

Scott is sick. He looks pretty bad right now. I tried to think how to put this into a positive tonight, but to be honest, I don't know how. He hasn't tried to come out of our bedroom to see the kids tonight. That is very unlike him. Pray for strength. This has zapped his energy and spirits this time. I have to tell you it is really hard to see him like this. I'm feeling really helpless. I want to make this better for him, but there is nothing I can do. Frustrating. Music really speaks to me and the song that is coming to my mind right now is "His strength is perfect when our strenght is gone. He'll carry us when we can't carry on." I am counting on that tonight. I feel spent. Nothing can prepare you for how emotionally draining this is. I am not complaining, just being honest.

Something that made me smile today was a story that Kellie Young told me (she's Jordan's teacher and a good friend!). Jordan is going to Harn Homestead tomorrow. It is a school set up like in the 1800's. The kids wear landrun clothing and bring food they would have eaten during that time for a school lunch. She said that an ideas was chicken, bread, cheese, etc. Jordan hopped out of her seat and said to everyone, in typical Jordan enthusiasm, "You know my dad has cancer and people have been bringing us food like crazy. We had chicken last night, so that is perfect!!" Just really matter of fact. So we just bagged up some chicken, homemade bread, cheese and some cookies.

Jacob made me smile because he asked if we still have the movie Toy Story. I said yes, but it was at school. He asked to bring it home and the kids are watching it this evening, remembering how much Jacob loved this movie when he was little. It was the first movie we took him to the theater to see (Toy Story 2). He used to sleep with his Woody and Buzz, and heaven help us if we couldn't find one of them come bedtime! They are getting so big.

No comments:

Post a Comment