Sunday, May 17, 2009

Super Sunday!




We had a wonderful time with our church family at the Family Fun Day. As Bill Buchanan said, it was good to laugh. We had a great church service this morning. The youth led the service. A few student's who participated in the discipleship class were interviewed by Brother Todd. It is amazing their maturity in Christ. I am thankful they are there to be examples to my kids. Today has been a good day for Scott, he is just very very tired from being at the church all day. He feels lots better than he did last night. His bones ached pretty bad last night. One more week and then the third round of chemo begins. I was reading in Deuteronomy 31 this week and a verse that stuck out to me was in verse 8, given to the Israelites by God through Moses. They were going into the promised land. Verse 8 reads, "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." That really spoke to me, as I tend to get discouraged and quite honestly scared. I know the prognosis is good, I know we will make it through this, the process quite frankly stinks and is scarey. I love being reminded that the Lord has gone before us and is with us. I think I overthink things sometimes. Anyway, this is the last week of school! I am ready for a break, but as I said before, I am going to be so sad "losing" my sweet class. Whoever gets them next year will be so blessed! I hope they enjoy them like I have! Hope everyone has a great week! Hugs! Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment