Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

Scott has had a great few days. He is actually feeling really good. He looks good as well. His platelets were low today. That happened last time too. He was supposed to start chemo again on Monday, but since it is a holiday and he would only have four days next week, Dr. Toma postponed it until the next week. Good in some ways, bad in that that is just another week into the summer. Scott got a sunburn on his bald head Sunday. Where his hat's hole was in the back is RED!!
I have had a busy couple of days. My kindergartners graduated today and did an amazing job at their little program. I am so proud of all of them and will miss them so much. I read the story "I Knew You Could" to them a couple of days ago. I about didn't make it through that sweet book. It is like "The Little Engine That Could" with it's own twist. It talks about all the tracks in life you take and how some are planned and some are not. Part of the book reads, "You'll go through tunnels, surrounded by dark And you'll wish for a light or even a spark. You might get scared or a little bit sad. Wondering if maybe your track has gone bad. So here's some advice to help ease your doubt; The track you took in must also go out. So steady yourself and just keep on going-Before you know it, some light will be showing. And then you'll be out heading to a new place. You'll be ready for the next tunnel you face." Amazing how a children's story can speak to you and have so much wisdom.
I started in an exercise program yesterday. My feet are sore today, so I guess I am going to need some new shoes. A friend of mine is a personal trainer and is giving me 6 weeks sessions as a gift. Thanks Natalie! I am so excited!
Jacob and Jordan have their awards assemblies tomorrow. Jess has hers on Friday. Hugs, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment