Monday, May 11, 2009

One Monday to go!

Wow! I can't believe I only have one Monday left of school! This has been a good day. Scott worked half a day then came home and slept. He started those horrible shots today. They made his bones and joints hurt pretty bad last time. He seems to be doing really well this evening. He has some indigestion, but other than that, he is doing good.
I was listening to the House FM this morning and this was a passage they quoted. It really spoke to me:1 Corinthians 1:3-7 reads, "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have recieved from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfot and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort."You know when this cancer mess started, I prayed that we will be able to help someone through a hard time they are having. I have read a blog of a college acauaintance that has helped me tremendously. I hope someday, someone will gain something, some hope from our journey. This passage summed up what I felt!
Jacob has a sports banquet tonight. Our friends the Cooper's are taking him. Scott can't be out in public, and I just didn't want to go alone. I am so thankful for those that are helping us through this time. This is going to be a busy week. Jess and Jacob both have band concerts tomorrow night. Jordan has a music program on Thursday night. Jacob and Jordan have AWANA awards tomorrow night. Jordan's dance recital is this weekend. Practice is Friday and the recital is Saturday night. Jacob has a father son campout Friday night, please pray Scott will feel strong enough to go. Jacob is really excited about this! Then also on Saturday the girls, my mom and I are going to my sister in law's baby shower luncheon! WHEW! I keep telling myself it is just one week and to enjoy every minute. I know we will blink and I will be wishing to have kiddo activities to go to! Til next time! Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment