Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fall's Creek


We went to Fall's Creek yesterday. We were not planning on going, but we were told we needed to. During the worship service, they called us on stage and prayed for our family. It was pretty neat. Scott was supposed to be the camp pastor this week and had to cancel when he started chemo. We saw a friend there last night that used to live in Shawnee and has moved away. It was great seeing her.

I imagine Jacob and Jordan will be doing lots of sleeping the next few days. They were both very tired yesterday when we saw them. Their reactions to seeing us at camp was funny. Jacob was glad I think and Jordan would have rathered us not be there. They are growing up.

I am taking Jess today to shop with some of her birthday money. We didn't do much shopping Monday with Scott. She did find a bathing suit though...THANK GOOODNESS! She is too small for the adult bathing suits, and the kids bathing suits don't cover areas she needs covered! We looked and looked! Finally found one at Justice. I really like that place.

I went to the YMCA this morning. I am going to be very sore! I hope this helps me feel better. I have been emotionally spent the last few days. I haven't been sleeping again. That frustrates me. I wake up between 2-3 and am just up. A friend had this verse on her facebook page yesterday and it was just what I needed. The Lord is my fortress; I will NOT be shaken. (Psalm 62:6-7) I love being reminded that God is in control, even when I don't feel like it. I feel I am tinkering on depression right now. I have all these emotions and am not sure what to do with them...I am really leaning on God to pull me through.
The picture today is of Jacob and Jordan at camp with Shannon, our children's minister. We love her!
Anyway, hope you all have a great day! Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment