Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wednesday

I love the rain! It rained last night and this morning here. I woke up and heard the thunder. LOVE IT! The high today is only in the 70's! This round of chemo has been really hard for Scott. He was very nauseous Monday night and yesterday just felt bad. He said that he slept very well last night. I am thankful for that.Jess was so funny yesterday. She asked if she could stay in her jammies all day. I said well I guess. She said can I lay and watch tv all day? I told her if that is what she wanted to do that was fine. And she did it! She hadn't just vegged since school was out. She needed it! Next week she goes to Super Summer and the week after that she goes to Fall's Creek to church camp. She will be home two weeks and then the kids all leave to go with my parents to Alaska for a month. I want summer to slow down! I love being home with my kids! Jacob swam and played with his buddies all day yesterday. They went to the movies to see Up. That is the first time we have let him go alone with his buddies. He felt very grown up! He and his buddies were playing basketball on our goal in the front and one of them dunked and broke the goal. GRRRR! If it isn't one thing it is another. I think Scott may try to put the goal up with the pole in the ground. That is one of Jacob's favorite things to do and I love that all the neighborhood kids like to come here to play. I don't want to lose that. I met with my trainer, Natalie this morning. I enjoy our time together. She is so great at encouraging me. I went last night with my walk/jog buddies and jogged around a mile! Not all at once, but I did it! I am very proud!Jordan should be coming home today. I have missed her and will be so glad to see her.I had a verse in Isaiah jump out at me yesterday. It is verse 9, it reads, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the Lord we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation." I can't wait until all this chemo and cancer is behind us and I can proclaim that verse loud and proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment