Monday, June 22, 2009

Last Round!

Mark Shultz He Will Carry Me
I call, You hear me I’ve lost it all And it’s more than I can bear I feel so empty
You’re strong I’m weary I’m holdin’ on But I feel like givin’ in But still You’re with me
chorus: And even though I’m walkin’ through The valley of the shadow I will hold tight to the hand of Him Whose love will comfort me And when all hope is gone And I’ve been wounded in the battle He is all the strength that I will Ever need And He will carry me
I know I’m broken But You alone Can mend this heart of mine You’re always with me
chorus
And even though I feel so lonely Like I’ve never been before You never said it would be easy But You said you’d see me through The storm

I love when a song speaks to me! Driving home this evening from my run with my girlies, this song was playing. It spoke to me from the beginning, but then as I listened closer, the very last part, And even though I feel so lonely, Like I've never been before, You never said it would be easy, But You said You's see me through the storm. Wow. So powerful. I have gone through my whole life never really having had a struggle. Then this cancer thing hit us. It is so hard. I feel so powerless, but then God reminds me that He will see me through the storm. He is carrying me and my family.
Scott began his final round of chemo today. His platelets were 104,000. Normal healthy low is 140,000. The dr was satisfied enough to let him begin. He is very tired tonight. He has that cancer look about him. His eyebrows are almost completely gone now and his eyelashes are now going.
I had a great time tonight with my running girls. I jogged nearly 1 1/2 miles and walked about the same. I am hoping to be able to do the 5K with them in October! Never thought I would be saying that!

No comments:

Post a Comment