Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sick Tuesday

Scott is sick today. He had his bleomiacin chemo today. Almost didn't get to because his platelets are low. If they are not better by Thursday, he will not get to have his chemo next week. That will really stink. We are so ready to have this behind us, and I know it is just one more week, but that is huge to us. Mentally. He waited almost two hours on the doctor to call back today in the waiting room after his lab today to find out whether or not he could even have it today. He went to work for about a second and came on home. He has been in bed nearly the rest of the day. I think he may have been up for about an hour or so. Days like this are hard. There is just nothing I can do for him. He is miserable.

After VBS today, Jacob, Jordan and I ran to Walmart for a few things then Jacob left for the Great Wolfe Lodge with his friend Noah. He is so excited to go. He will be back on Friday. Jordan watched Ice Princess this afternoon. She still has not caught up on her sleep. I told her I will sleep with her tonight and that we will go early. I am reading Redeeming Love, so I will read and she will sleep! I took Jordan to the YMCA today to swim. She loves that big slide that they have. She would go down, go around the lazy river and go again. We came home and Scott was up. He has been eating lots of pancakes, that is the one thing that really sounds good to him all the time. He has that metallic taste in his mouth constantly and I think the sweet must break through that! He made us all pancakes for dinner. This evening Jordan and I went on a walk. She is so much like me and when she doesn't want to do something she pokes and pouts...I hate it when you see your own flaws in your children...she learned well from me. She putted along our walk. I pushed her and literally pulled her. It was still a little warm, and she thought she was dying! She did come home and jump in the pool for a while to cool off. She loves putting our poor dogs in with her!

A shower is calling. Please remember Scott in your prayers tonight. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment