Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Waiting Game











I had this great note typed all up last night and for some reason we lost our internet connection just as I was getting ready to post it....argh. So, here it goes again!
Scott had his CT Scan and MRI yesterday and his blood work done. We now have to do what I do the worst...wait. This has been an incredibly long journey and I am so ready for us to know where we stand now. God has been faithful in providing for us so many things throughout the journey. We are so thankful for our family and friends who have loved on us and supported us. From March until about June we didn't have to worry about dinner, it was brought to us. That was amazing. Not to have to worry about what to cook was so nice. Plus, it really helped with our budget. People have been so kind to take care of our yard. It is amazing to hear a lawn mower and realize it is your yard being cared for! Thanks. I am such a girly girl that I normally do not do the lawn, not that I can't I just haven't ever had to, and what a relief that was to me not to have to! Some of you have been so kind to give us gift cards for various places and even dropped a little money in the mail for us. Thank you. Cancer is amazingly expensive. One of the biggest shocks to me was that everyone expects their money up front. Not to menition that we had to pay for 5-7 prescriptions each round. And for the hundreds of you that sent us notes of encouragement, thank you! You will never know how that kind word was so special to us. I am sure I am forgetting to thank someone else, but most importantly I want to thank those of you who have prayed for us. This should by all means have been devastating to our family. God has given us the peace and comfort that you all have prayed for. We have seen His hand every step of the way. Now, it isn't easy. Let me tell ya. Not easy at all. There have been many sleepless nights, tummy aches and tears. But through all that we have felt God's presence stronger than ever before. THANK YOU ALL!
The kids are doing well. They are staying in Soldotna, Alaska right now. The guys will do fishing and I am not sure what the girls are going to do the next few days. I am sure they will find something. We Skyped with Gary and Ashlie and sweet baby Addison last night. Jess was texting me during that time and had the idea to call and put the kids on speaker phone to talk to them. Didn't work very well, but at least they got to say hello! Addison, by the way, is amazing. She is very long like Jessica was as a baby and very skinny. She loves to put her hands up to her face. I wish we could be there soon to see her and hold her!
I worked yesterday all day and will do the same today. Everything is really feeling like it is coming together. I finished my little handbook yesterday, which is always a relief. Today I think I am going to work on my lesson plans for the first few days. Anyway, I hope you all have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment