Monday, July 13, 2009

BUSY!


We have had a busy last few days! We went to the Yard Dawgz game on Saturday night with a group from church. It was fun. Sunday was just amazing. Our church baptized 34 people. God is really working in our church. I feel so blessed to be a part of it. It was really neat, the church bought a pool and set it up outside and our pastor and youth minister traded off baptizing 29 people. During the invitation that day, five people came and said that they had recieved Christ, but had never been baptized, so Todd, our pastor went out and baptized them as well. After the service, we went to eat with some of our staff and our new Associate Youth Minister and his wife. Scott was pretty worn out after all that so we came home and he napped. We ran around OKC all day today and he kept up! I was amazed. Now this evening he was completely exhausted, but I am so thankful he is able to be up and about more and more.
Haven't heard from the kids. I guess they are still in Canada. I am really missing them and will be glad when they call. When I can at least talk to them I do so much better. I bet they are having a wonderful time.
Our S.O.A.R. running group at church met tonight. We crazies ran in the heat. It was 95 degrees at 8:15 when we ran. I hope that 5K in October is a breeze now that we have had to endure all this heat! I am up to jogging two miles without stopping. I am pretty proud! I was talking to my friend Candyce about how amazing it is that God has brought us all together. This group would not have probably found each other outside of running together. It is a huge blessing! God certainly knew I needed the friendship, love and support I get from them! He is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment