Monday, July 6, 2009

Lazy Monday

I have to start my note to say that I am so happy that our church staff is nearly complete! We had an ice cream social last night to welcome Jason our Music Minister and Shannon our Children's Minister. It was a lot of fun. Our church is so blessed. God is really working.

I talked to the kids this morning. They made it to South Dakota and stayed in the Yogi Bear Camp Ground. They are off to Mt. Rushmore today, Yellowstone tomorrow, and then will stay a few days in Canada. Then they will start their Alaska adventure. It has been nice to have some quiet in the house, but I already miss them. Scott was talking last night that they are changing so fast right now. All three are growing like little weeds. I can't keep Jess in clothes. Wouldn't surprise me if she is taller than me when they get back!

Yesterday I decided to give our dog Sunny a haircut. I was going to take him to the groomer, but they charge extra for him becuase he is a pitbull in a peekapoo body. So, I got him ok. At least he won't be so hot and stinky. Well, afterwards I noticed that there was poop by the back door. I thought he was mad at me and did it. Scott was feeling pretty bad last night and so I left our bedroom and went to sleep in Jess's room. I let the dogs in bed with me and Boomer our other dog got up right away and had an accident on the floor. ARGH! So I cleaned that up. I was wide awake by then and read the rest of My Sister's Keeper. I have never been so surprised by the ending of a book before. So, I got up this morning to let the dog's out and apparantly the accident yesterday was all Boomer. He had gotten sick all over our laundry room. I was so mad! Not at him, just that I had to clean it up. I bleached the floor and mopped several times.

Scott and I are going to rent movies today. I want him to get rested up so maybe chemo won't be as brutal tomorrow. I will post some pics when my mom sends them of the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment