Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful Day 13

I am so thankful for my grandparents. Although all have them have passed away, they will have forever left an impact on my. My grandpa Troyer passed away before I was two. He was an avid fisherman and a hard worker. He and my grandma had thirteen children. They were Amish until my dad was around five. He was a carpenter and wanted power tools so they were excommunicated from the Amish church. They then became Mennonite. My grandma Troyer was the biggest picture of sacrifice and giving. She was always baking, gardening, quilting, or watching grandchildren, great grandchildren and even great great grandchildren. She loved the Lord and it showed in everything she did. She loved us and prayed for us. She set such an amazing example of how to live.

My papa and grandma Shafer. Some of my first memories are being with them. My grandma was an amazing seamstress. She could go look at something in the store and go home without a pattern and make it. No one would have ever known it was homemade. She was an amazing cook. My papa Shafer was one of the most influential people in my life. He loved us so much. He was a little rough around the edges, but that never mattered to me. He took me everywhere with him. He let me go to work with him and to go to "town". He took me everyday we were together to get breakfast. They didn't have much, but they gave so much to me. I am a better person because of his influence on me. He used to always joke with me. He would tell me my epidermis was showing. Or that I had garmets on. Used to make me so mad. The time I spent with him was amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment