Saturday, November 21, 2009

oops missed one!



























I realized today that I missed blogging yesterday on thankfulness. So, I will do two today.

Thankful Day 9

I am so thankful for our church family. We have been at IBC for almost eleven years now. Seems impossible. We absolutely love IBC. The people there are amazing. They have loved on us and supported all these years!

Our church staff is wonderful. We serve with the most commited and "real" staff I have ever known. Each family lives out their faith. We all love each other and so enjoy being together. Our children are friends as well. We are so blessed to be a part of the staff.

Some of my best friends are involved in our church. Each year our Women's on Missions group sends us to the pastor's wives conference. While there this year we heard so many women talking about how they could not be friends with the ladies in their church because of the backbiting and jealousy. I can not imagine. My friends in the church are what keep me going!

They came together when Scott was rediagnosed this year and set up meals for us for almost three months! They came and continually asked, what can we do to help? I am so blessed.

Some of the men in the church took care of our yard all summer along with my dad. I can not tell you what a blessing this was. Scott was in no condition to take care of our yard. I could have done it, but to be honest, that would have been a stretch for me. People in our church took our children and distracted them while Scott was sick. They gave our kids rides to activities when he was too sick to be left alone.
There were not many days that we did not recieve a card or a prayer gram from someone in the church. I have kept every single one. They meant so much to me.
My church friends also keep me accountable. Thank goodness! I have friends who are honest and true and let me vent and help me keep my emotions and thoughts in check.


















Thank you IBC for loving my family. You all are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment