Monday, August 24, 2009

New Church Format











Our church's new format of three worship services and two Sunday Schools is amazing! We were still packed in all three services. God is working at Immanuel. We had a Sunday School roundup last night, complete with seed spitting contest, three legged races, stick horse races, softball, and what roundup would be complete without a cow patty throwing contest. The grossest part of it was that I was taking pictures and when it was done ran my fingers through my hair and cow poo and nasty fell out of my hair. GROSS! I took a good shower last night!

The kids are chugging along in school. Homework has begun. They have all had quite a bit. Jess especially. I guess that is to be expected. She is in eighth grade. She had a slumber party this weekend for her friend's birthday and then went to Incredible Pizza and Lazer tag as a helper with the youth group Saturday.
Jacob has had quite a bit of homework as well. He had some science tonight that was pretty frustrating for him. He just didn't quite get it and Scott had trouble figuring it out as well, but they made it through. Jacob has football again this week. His first scrimmage is tomorrow night. Pray he doesn't get hurt! Jacob had a ball at the youth day Saturday. He helped Scott yesterday getting ready for the roundup. He is such a hard worker.
Jordan and I had a movie date on Saturday since everyone else was gone. We went to see Bandslam. It was very good. In the middle of the movie my mind started wandering and I about had a panic attack thinking about Jess being in eighth grade. Where does the time go? I am trying to enjoy every minute with the kids. Next year will be so strange not having Jess at Grove with us. Jordan was invited to go with a friend to the lake over Labor Day weekend, but I think she has chickened out. Fine with me! She is hoping to invite a friend over one night. I told her we can probably do that.
Scott is getting stronger and stronger every day. He doesn't get tired nearly as easy. He still isn't 100%, but he is getting there. His hair is still coming in more gray than dark. He is looking really good. His swelling from the steroids has gone down. His color is coming back. He has that spunk in his step again. Such a good feeling.
I am enjoying my prek class so much. Today was a wonderful day. They are really finally starting to get the routine down, me too! It has been a big adjustment, more than I anticipated. But, I do love it. It is a great group of kids. I have been really tired. I read Psalm 62:5 and it really spoke to me. It says "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him." Aren't you thankful we have a hope and a future in Him!?

No comments:

Post a Comment