Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back to School
















We all had a great first day back at school. I can hardly believe that we are back at it! The summer sure did fly by. I have a great little class. I have 18 prek kids! I do have an assistant and it seems like we are really going to get along. The day flew by that is for sure! I am so exhauseted tonight. I think I will try to go to bed very early!

The kids had a good first day. Jess is in eighth grade, which seems impossible to me. It just seems like yesterday she was going to prek with Mrs. Sims. This is her last year at Grove, which really makes me sad. She has lots of her friends in all her classes, so she is so excited. Jess is babysitting after school for a little girl from our church. She is in kindergarten at our school and will come home with us every day. She is very happy about that.
Jacob is now in sixth grade. Middle School. How did that happen? He is playing football this year and is so excited. He has had two practices. He will also get to start going to the youth group. Wow. How did that happen? Two old enough for the youth group now.

Jordan is in fifth grade and is so happy that several friends are in her class. This is the first year in a while that Grove has self contained fourth and fifth grade. So, Jordan is going from changing classes to staying in one all day. I am glad it has worked so far.

Scott's hair is coming back. I need to get a picture of him at this stage. It is really fuzzy and started out as WHITE WHITE, but is now starting to look a little darker. He is feeling really good. He still has to see the neurologist, but everything seems to be doing wonderfully.
We have heard some great stories about the kids Alaska trip. They told us their favorite things were (the girls) white water rafting and the dinner theater and Jacob says he liked fishing the best. I guess mom and dad's dog has had some brushes with death on the trip, the last being that the girls were walking him and he found some bees. He is a Jack Russell and is a jumper, so he was jumping on the bees and eating them. They didn't think about what could happen with him eating the bees, they just thought it was funny watching him. Well he was being stung multiple times. He had to have benadryl because his throat was closing up. My mom lost it I guess. She was saying to the girls, what were you thinking. Don't you know he could die from being stung like that, and on and on. Finally Jess said, Nana I guess we are just idiots. I guess that stopped the lecture! Thankfully, Hank is fine.

Well, I am off to soak in the tub a few minutes and heading to bed! Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment