Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day, School, Football and Such
















The last few weeks have been very busy. Jacob has football three nights a week. Games start this Saturday. He is loving it. I am so bad with football that I can not remember what position he is playing. I enjoy watching it, just don't understand it all.
School is going well. Jess is babysitting after school every day. She is saving to redo her room. Should only have to wait about a month. She is on the yearbook staff this year. She is growing up too fast! I look at her and can't believe it! She is almost as tall as I am. She is looking like a young lady that is for sure.

Jordan is loving school. She loves her teacher and her class this year. Several of her friends are in her class. She has always been my social butterfly but even has become more so this year. She loves being around people. She started in band this year. She is playing the flute.
Scott is staying very busy with church. He is feeling great, other than some neuropothy in his hands and feet. He says it feels like you have put your hands in ice. He found that wool socks on his hands and feet help some. He is gone right now with our church staff on their yearly planning retreat. I hope they have a great time together.
My class is going well. This has been the hardest year I have had. I have had a hard time feeling like I have my schedule the way I want to accommodate my little ones. I am just enough control freak that I do not like feeling like my schedule is out of kilter! I also have some challenging kiddos this year. Pray I will be all I need to be to all my students. I love teaching so much and I love kids. I want to be my very best for them ALL! My mom came today to help paint butterflies. Thanks mom! I love ya!
We had a great relaxing labor day. Jacob went to the lake with his buddies and had a ball. He got to tube and knee board. He came back so tired and had broken out in poison ivy from head to toe. We think he got it from being out in the woods with Scott last week setting up the deer stand and feeders. My mom came to the rescue and took him to the dr so Scott or me I did not have to take off work. Jacob was given a steroid shot and it has seemed to help.
Scott, the girls and I went to the zoo on labor day. We have been in a couple of years and it was nice. After we went to eat and ran by petsmart and surprised Jacob by getting him a new bearded dragon. His died this spring. We loved that thing. They are so neat. This one's name is Twizzler. It is pretty tiny.
I sat down with my mom on Monday and we made an Alaskan Album with their Alaska pics. I can't wait to get it in. There are some amazingly beautiful pics that is for sure!
I need to get to some laundry, so I will sign off for now!Hugs! Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment